Freight Depot Accounting (Chattanooga, TN), a member of the Henderson Hutcherson & McCullough family of companies, is growing again. Freight Depot Accounting is a consultative and collaborative group who delivers quality and personalized accounting and bookkeeping services to startups and small-to-medium sized companies. We are again adding to our team of dedicated and experienced professionals.
The basic function of this position is to create/record financial transactions and financial reports from client-sourced information for a variety of clients. The creation/recording of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. Client work shall be performed within the parameters of agreed-upon proposal within budgeted time and within acceptable levels of quality and costs.
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Maintaining multiple client General Ledgers and conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Month-end/year-end closing of records and adjusting entries
• Issue internal “management use only – no assurance provided” financial statements
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Preparation of various indirect tax reports including sales/use, gross receipts, payroll, personal property, 1099’s, etc.
• Heavy payroll experience including payroll processing, EFTPS payments, recording payroll transactions
• Assist client with creation of annual budget
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to client
• Complete local, state, and federal government reports
• Minimum of 5 years’ recent Full Charge bookkeeping experience
• Strong knowledge Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements
• QuickBooks, including on-line and desktop versions – minimum of 3 years’ experience
• Experience working with outside clients a plus!
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet recurring deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Reliable and organized
Discover careers at HHM Certified Public Accountants. HHM has provided CPA services to businesses and individuals for nearly 40 years. We are an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA. BDO has more than 400 member firms. Because of this, we have access to resources that other firms may not have available to them.
We have built our business one relationship at a time with client satisfaction and service excellence as our main objectives. To reach those goals, we hire the best and the brightest people. We welcome them as part of our family. Then we provide them with the resources, growth tools, and work-life balance they need to succeed in their careers.
Our belief is that our employees are our most important investment. That’s why we offer so many benefits.
We also place a strong value on community service and provide time off to participate in volunteer events. We want to support our staff as they give their time and energy to serve others. We are always looking for ambitious, motivated, and passionate people.